There are a lot of inconsistent stuff in here but i wanted to get the chapter out just because. I've pretty much given up on the whole idea but It was fun while it lasted
“Ardie!” “Ardie!” Yelled Fooz. “Wake up you Dumb American!” Fooz said.Ardie awoke, rubbed his eyes, and wiped the drool off his face.
“What? I’m awake, I’m awake!” Ardie said as he looked around the strange jungle. “What happened to me?” He asked.
“That “bat thing” knocked you out and flew off with James and Tri- sgt. Dagmar!” Said
Fooz. Ardie’s face changed from confusion to shock. Ardie grabbed a small rock and threw it toward the sky, cursing loudly.
“We are going to die in this hell hole!” Ardie yelled. “We are going to-
“Shut up kid!” said King. “We’re not gonna let these vultures kill us and we’re sure as heck aren’t gonna die here!” The three men sat in silence, gathered fire wood and watched as the night drew nearer. Stars were gleaming, blue clouds dancing, and no one could tell the difference between a planet and a moon. King had wandered off somewhere to look for food and Fooz and Ardie sat on either side of the fire. “Fooz?” Started Ardie in a quiet low voice. “Where are we?”
“What do you mean?” Fooz asked pulling his attention away from the fire.
“I mean how did we get here?” Ardie said. “We live on a planet that has no enemies other than ourselves, we have our own wars. What in this grand universe did we ever do to them? They storm in, kill our Sun, and we didn’t even know they existed!”
“It’s a screwed up universe man.”
“No Fooz! Said Ardie as he stood and paced in frustration. “It’s the things inside that are messed up!”
“Ardie.” Said Fooz. “Sit down and listen to me. We are not going to lose this war. Me and You, we may die, but this war belongs to us! The Good Guys!”
“How can you know that?” asked Ardie.
“I don’t know how I know.” Said Fooz Looking up toward the starfilled sky. “I just do.” They sat in silence for a few minutes waiting for the other to spark up another discussion, watching the sky, listening to the jungle around them.
“Where are you from?” asked Ardie, catching Fooz off guard.
“A small village in Norway.” He answered. “It was a beautiful place, full of laughter. Every one knew each other, and respected each other, until the Sun was attacked. I was fourteen years old when the news broke, people started going crazy, stealing, killing, and wreaking havoc. Not two months later, my mother was shot in a car jacking. Me and my Father kept to ourselves after that, trying not to draw attention to the thieves and kidnappers. I can’t tell you how many times my Father saved my life in my last three months on earth, but I do know this: I’m winning this war for him, no matter what alien freak gets in my way!” Fooz grabbed his dagger and flung it into the ground, stabbing through a leaf.
“Tough life eh? Said Ardie. Yeah mine wasn’t too good either, maybe not as bad as yours, but not perfect. Born on a subway in the NYC. Mom was a waitress, Dad was a janitor at the Empire State Building Tower Two. He died when I was four in the World War Four bombing of Tower Two. I don’t remember him very well, just images. Mom and I moved to Jersey not long after he died, we did pretty well for ourselves up until they announced the news about the sun. I was eight, little boy genius they called me, got me and Mom free ride on the ship, and me a ticket into the militaries computer programming division. Mom and I lived in the sixth community on vultron, a small apartment that smelled like a new car.”
“Where is your mom now?” Fooz asked.
“She remarried a few years after I left for training. Rich guy. I didn’t like at first but he really has taken care of her. They live in New America now.”
“Girl back home?” Fooz asked, smiling.
“Not anymore.” Ardie replied. Fooz’s smile disappeared. “They wanted me here and She couldn’t take it, so we broke up.”
“That’s too bad.” Said Fooz picking his dagger up.
“Ahh well, that’s how the story goes I guess.” Said Ardie in a tone that told Fooz he was over it. “What about you? Got a lady?”
“Never really found the right one.” Replied Fooz. “But don’t get me wrong, I was looking!” They both laughed a little. They sat and waited for King to return. A few minutes later he showed up.
“Ok Kids, lights out.” King said in a tired voice. “We’re packing up and leaving early. Gotta make our way back to Base.” The three of them found the closest comfortable position and started to doze off into the cool night. All they could do was wonder and pray about what was in store for them.
_________________________________________________________________________________
The wind whipped around a boulder, thirty feet away from the base's perimeter. Trisha poked her head out one last time. In the center of the base were three metal towers with cat walks connecting them at the top. A watch tower stood directly over the main entrance and a small shed stood to the east.
"It looks deserted to me.", said James.
"let's go" They sprinted to the next boulder. Trisha pulled out her pistol and held it close to her swollen face.
"You look like crap."
"I know..Go!" They sprinted toward a smaller rock where the were forced to go prone.
"This doesn't feel right." , said Trish.
"I'm telling ya it's deserted." They stood up and walked slowly toward the gate. "If they saw us we would have been shot at by now." James whispered. Trisha walked toward the gate and found it unlocked. "Sweet." said James who kicked it open.
"Would you stop it, be a little quieter."
"There is nobody here, Trish." James knew what he had done. Trisha looked him, gave a huff and walked on. A smirk spread across James' face. "So where do you suppose the food is?" Trish continued on in silence. The first building they stopped at was the tower closest to the gateway. above the door was red lettering neither could understand. James found this door unlocked as well. On Trisha's count of three he kicked it open and both held their guns at the ready. The room inside was large and dark , the only light source came from an eerie green cylinder at the center of the room. a spiral staircase wound around the cylinder up toward the second floor. but, the thing that caught James' eye was the small window on the left. On the other side he saw what looked like an industrial kitchen.
"Jackpot!" , He dashed over to the little door next to the window and pulled with all his might. Trisha kept her weapon pointed at the stair case not at all pleased with James' noisy attempts to open the door.
"Com on I'm starving!", He moaned.
"Would you keep it down." Her words were muted out by the sound of breaking glass.
"Boo ya!" said James as he crawled through the window falling on the kitchen floor. "I'm okay!" Trisha still kept an eye on the door and the stairs."We can take off our mask for a little bit right? I mean it's only carbon monoxide." She listened closely as James rummaged through the locked room, praying nothing would hear them. "What the heck is that!?..Oh...cool!....Hey Trish you should come try some of this!" It made her shiver when he said her name like that, but it was the least she could do for saving her. A loud crash was heard up stairs. James stood motionless, orange sauce dripping down his chin mask pulled up to his nose. "What was that?"
"Get over here." whispered Trish. James pulled down his mask and crawled back through the broken window. They noiselessly walked up the stairs. Trisha's heart was pounding , but James was more relaxed after having a bite to eat, or slurp, whatever it was it tasted good. When they reached the second floor the door to Trish's right swung open to reveal an empty cat walk. By the time James reached the floor, the wind had closed it again. The room was empty except for a knocked over metal table. The door swung open again. This time Trish grabbed it and walked onto the catwalk, James followed. He looked down at his feet and saw the ground through the slated floor. He felt woozy, his stomach churned and shot upward, sending sweet and sticky liquid mixed with bile out his mouth and into his mask. To avoid drowning he took off his mask, fell to his hands and knees and repeated the process several times.
"Sorry." he said when he was back on his feet."It looked okay." James' wanted desperately to take off his smelly mask.
"Just glad you didn't share it with me."
When they entered the second tower James did his best to keep his stomach down. In large containers place around the room, floated organisms in a yellowish fluid. Some were still alive, yet, completely unaware of the visitors. The stair way that led down stairs was illuminated by flashes of light. severed, live wires hung from the ceiling sending sparks onto the metal floor. James felt his hair stand up as he walked into the electric atmosphere. "This must have been a control room or something" he said as he pointed to the the converters, transmitters, and other electronic appliances surrounding them. They went back upstairs and took the cat walk to the third tower which was completely empty.
"Well I guess it's back to the kitchen.", said James.
"You just threw up!"
"They had a sink." He could feel the warm vomit slide down his cheek.
“Ardie!” “Ardie!” Yelled Fooz. “Wake up you Dumb American!” Fooz said.Ardie awoke, rubbed his eyes, and wiped the drool off his face.
“What? I’m awake, I’m awake!” Ardie said as he looked around the strange jungle. “What happened to me?” He asked.
“That “bat thing” knocked you out and flew off with James and Tri- sgt. Dagmar!” Said
Fooz. Ardie’s face changed from confusion to shock. Ardie grabbed a small rock and threw it toward the sky, cursing loudly.
“We are going to die in this hell hole!” Ardie yelled. “We are going to-
“Shut up kid!” said King. “We’re not gonna let these vultures kill us and we’re sure as heck aren’t gonna die here!” The three men sat in silence, gathered fire wood and watched as the night drew nearer. Stars were gleaming, blue clouds dancing, and no one could tell the difference between a planet and a moon. King had wandered off somewhere to look for food and Fooz and Ardie sat on either side of the fire. “Fooz?” Started Ardie in a quiet low voice. “Where are we?”
“What do you mean?” Fooz asked pulling his attention away from the fire.
“I mean how did we get here?” Ardie said. “We live on a planet that has no enemies other than ourselves, we have our own wars. What in this grand universe did we ever do to them? They storm in, kill our Sun, and we didn’t even know they existed!”
“It’s a screwed up universe man.”
“No Fooz! Said Ardie as he stood and paced in frustration. “It’s the things inside that are messed up!”
“Ardie.” Said Fooz. “Sit down and listen to me. We are not going to lose this war. Me and You, we may die, but this war belongs to us! The Good Guys!”
“How can you know that?” asked Ardie.
“I don’t know how I know.” Said Fooz Looking up toward the starfilled sky. “I just do.” They sat in silence for a few minutes waiting for the other to spark up another discussion, watching the sky, listening to the jungle around them.
“Where are you from?” asked Ardie, catching Fooz off guard.
“A small village in Norway.” He answered. “It was a beautiful place, full of laughter. Every one knew each other, and respected each other, until the Sun was attacked. I was fourteen years old when the news broke, people started going crazy, stealing, killing, and wreaking havoc. Not two months later, my mother was shot in a car jacking. Me and my Father kept to ourselves after that, trying not to draw attention to the thieves and kidnappers. I can’t tell you how many times my Father saved my life in my last three months on earth, but I do know this: I’m winning this war for him, no matter what alien freak gets in my way!” Fooz grabbed his dagger and flung it into the ground, stabbing through a leaf.
“Tough life eh? Said Ardie. Yeah mine wasn’t too good either, maybe not as bad as yours, but not perfect. Born on a subway in the NYC. Mom was a waitress, Dad was a janitor at the Empire State Building Tower Two. He died when I was four in the World War Four bombing of Tower Two. I don’t remember him very well, just images. Mom and I moved to Jersey not long after he died, we did pretty well for ourselves up until they announced the news about the sun. I was eight, little boy genius they called me, got me and Mom free ride on the ship, and me a ticket into the militaries computer programming division. Mom and I lived in the sixth community on vultron, a small apartment that smelled like a new car.”
“Where is your mom now?” Fooz asked.
“She remarried a few years after I left for training. Rich guy. I didn’t like at first but he really has taken care of her. They live in New America now.”
“Girl back home?” Fooz asked, smiling.
“Not anymore.” Ardie replied. Fooz’s smile disappeared. “They wanted me here and She couldn’t take it, so we broke up.”
“That’s too bad.” Said Fooz picking his dagger up.
“Ahh well, that’s how the story goes I guess.” Said Ardie in a tone that told Fooz he was over it. “What about you? Got a lady?”
“Never really found the right one.” Replied Fooz. “But don’t get me wrong, I was looking!” They both laughed a little. They sat and waited for King to return. A few minutes later he showed up.
“Ok Kids, lights out.” King said in a tired voice. “We’re packing up and leaving early. Gotta make our way back to Base.” The three of them found the closest comfortable position and started to doze off into the cool night. All they could do was wonder and pray about what was in store for them.
_________________________________________________________________________________
The wind whipped around a boulder, thirty feet away from the base's perimeter. Trisha poked her head out one last time. In the center of the base were three metal towers with cat walks connecting them at the top. A watch tower stood directly over the main entrance and a small shed stood to the east.
"It looks deserted to me.", said James.
"let's go" They sprinted to the next boulder. Trisha pulled out her pistol and held it close to her swollen face.
"You look like crap."
"I know..Go!" They sprinted toward a smaller rock where the were forced to go prone.
"This doesn't feel right." , said Trish.
"I'm telling ya it's deserted." They stood up and walked slowly toward the gate. "If they saw us we would have been shot at by now." James whispered. Trisha walked toward the gate and found it unlocked. "Sweet." said James who kicked it open.
"Would you stop it, be a little quieter."
"There is nobody here, Trish." James knew what he had done. Trisha looked him, gave a huff and walked on. A smirk spread across James' face. "So where do you suppose the food is?" Trish continued on in silence. The first building they stopped at was the tower closest to the gateway. above the door was red lettering neither could understand. James found this door unlocked as well. On Trisha's count of three he kicked it open and both held their guns at the ready. The room inside was large and dark , the only light source came from an eerie green cylinder at the center of the room. a spiral staircase wound around the cylinder up toward the second floor. but, the thing that caught James' eye was the small window on the left. On the other side he saw what looked like an industrial kitchen.
"Jackpot!" , He dashed over to the little door next to the window and pulled with all his might. Trisha kept her weapon pointed at the stair case not at all pleased with James' noisy attempts to open the door.
"Com on I'm starving!", He moaned.
"Would you keep it down." Her words were muted out by the sound of breaking glass.
"Boo ya!" said James as he crawled through the window falling on the kitchen floor. "I'm okay!" Trisha still kept an eye on the door and the stairs."We can take off our mask for a little bit right? I mean it's only carbon monoxide." She listened closely as James rummaged through the locked room, praying nothing would hear them. "What the heck is that!?..Oh...cool!....Hey Trish you should come try some of this!" It made her shiver when he said her name like that, but it was the least she could do for saving her. A loud crash was heard up stairs. James stood motionless, orange sauce dripping down his chin mask pulled up to his nose. "What was that?"
"Get over here." whispered Trish. James pulled down his mask and crawled back through the broken window. They noiselessly walked up the stairs. Trisha's heart was pounding , but James was more relaxed after having a bite to eat, or slurp, whatever it was it tasted good. When they reached the second floor the door to Trish's right swung open to reveal an empty cat walk. By the time James reached the floor, the wind had closed it again. The room was empty except for a knocked over metal table. The door swung open again. This time Trish grabbed it and walked onto the catwalk, James followed. He looked down at his feet and saw the ground through the slated floor. He felt woozy, his stomach churned and shot upward, sending sweet and sticky liquid mixed with bile out his mouth and into his mask. To avoid drowning he took off his mask, fell to his hands and knees and repeated the process several times.
"Sorry." he said when he was back on his feet."It looked okay." James' wanted desperately to take off his smelly mask.
"Just glad you didn't share it with me."
When they entered the second tower James did his best to keep his stomach down. In large containers place around the room, floated organisms in a yellowish fluid. Some were still alive, yet, completely unaware of the visitors. The stair way that led down stairs was illuminated by flashes of light. severed, live wires hung from the ceiling sending sparks onto the metal floor. James felt his hair stand up as he walked into the electric atmosphere. "This must have been a control room or something" he said as he pointed to the the converters, transmitters, and other electronic appliances surrounding them. They went back upstairs and took the cat walk to the third tower which was completely empty.
"Well I guess it's back to the kitchen.", said James.
"You just threw up!"
"They had a sink." He could feel the warm vomit slide down his cheek.
No comments:
Post a Comment